COVID Restrictions for Freight & Logistics Cross Border Workers NSW, VIC, and QLD
SCLAA has summarised advice from the various Government agencies on the current COVID border crossing advice related to freight workers, and operating conditions for freight workers within jurisdictions. As the situation is rapidly changing, we recommend our members to continue to check the links provided below.
- All of NSW and the ACT being declared a “Red Zone”, border cross conditions have changed as of 14th July.
- The NSW Government has issued varying rules for freight workers carrying out essential services dependant on LGA.
- An Update for Transport for NSW can be viewed: HERE
- Specific information related to NSW transport freight & logistics operations can be viewed: HERE
- Victoria’s border is effectively closed to New South Wales and the ACT.
- Workers in freight can apply for the ‘Specified worker (low workplace interaction) permit’ which is valid for multiple entries into Victoria for 14 days.
- The latest Victorian Freight & Logistics COVID Update (12 July 2021) from the Victorian Department of Transport can be viewed: HERE
- Queensland Information for cross border Freight and Logistics workers can be found HERE
- Currently declared Covid Hotspots can be viewed HERE and include the Greater Sydney, Central Coast, Blue Mountains, Wollongong and Shell Harbour regions of New South Wales.
- Any Freight and logistics operators entering Queensland who have not travelled to COVID-19 hotspots, must have a valid Queensland Travel Declaration
- The Queensland Travel Declaration is available at: https://www.qld.gov.au/queensland-travel-declaration-form.
- Any Freight and logistics operators entering Queensland who have been in COVID-19 hotspot must have a valid Queensland Border Declaration Pass (Freight and Logistics)
- The Queensland Border Declaration Pass (Freight and Logistics) is available at https://www.qld.gov.au/border-pass.
SCLAA would like to hear from our members how COVID has disrupted your business. Comments/input can be added to the SCLAA Linkedin post: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:682099
View Similar Blogs
Are you our new Treasurer? Expressions of Interest should be emailed to email@example.com. Closing date for Expressions of Interest: Midnight on Friday, 15 September 2023.
The 60th Annual Australian Supply Chain and Logistics Awards were held at Crown Palladium, Melbourne on Friday 18 March 2022. There was a record audience in attendance to celebrate the achievements and innovation in the supply chain and logistics industry – and our MC, Shane Jacobsen, ensured that it really was a night to remember!…
National Partner 3DL/Australian Customs Clearance is helping to arrange for goods to be consolidated and sent via DNV Transport (Dave’s Trucks) to Lismore. Dave is collecting and consolidating at his depot in Radar St, Port Lytton. Please email either Chris Roberts at Chris@3dlogistics.com.au or David Carswell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Trucks are leaving daily with a warehouse…