This instalment of the SCLAA Thought Leader Series is for anyone interested in learning about accelerating to Net Zero in the Supply Chain & logistics space in a fun and relaxed atmosphere with fellow supply chain professionals.
Proudly sponsored by:
Date: 31 August 2023
Time: 6:15 PM – 9:00 PM
5.45pm – Pre Event Barangaroo Loading Dock Tour (Optional, limited to 25 people)
6:30pm – Registration from 6.15pm
6:30pm – 7:00pm – Networking
7:30pm – 8:30pm – Presentations
8:30pm – 9:00pm – Panel Discussion
Cost: Members – $0 Non-Members – $50
Venue: Vessel Dining & Bar, 1 Shelley St, Sydney NSW 2000
RSVP: Monday 28 August, 2023
Closest parking: Parking at King Street Wharf – Secure Parking, 1 Shelley Street.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
With the goal to accelerate the transition to net zero logistics emissions, the SCLAA is hosting a thought leadership & networking event with an amazing line-up of industry leaders who will share their organisation’s initiatives that are directly reducing emissions and are good for business. Enjoy food, drinks and network with fellow supply chain professionals as we learn more about this very important and growing area of the supply chain sector.
Bonus tour (limited spots): Barangaroo Loading Dock Tour (pre- event)
Exclusive tour of one of Australia’s busiest underground loading docks. Learn how Barangaroo gets hundreds of vehicles off the surrounding streets and into 62 dock spaces to enable effective deliveries to the nine buildings, 11,000 office workers, 32 speciality retailers and 1,200 residents. Experience ‘The World’s Best Driver Check In Experience’ using LPR, a dock scheduling solution and a commitment to excellence. Capped at 25 places. If you wish to register for this pre-event tour, please register here and then email email@example.com to request your booking.
Mark Hedges, Property Services Manager – Shared Services, Barangaroo South
Mark Hedges is responsible for the on-going operation and compliance at International Towers Sydney in Barangaroo South. He is also directly accountable for all project and development works, budgets and strategic asset planning related to Engineering and Operations.
Making a Smart Building a Green Building
Implementation of sustainable design and construction practices, including the use of recycled and low-carbon materials
Utilization of renewable energy sources such as solar power to reduce carbon emissions
- Implementation of a comprehensive water and waste management program, including recycling and composting initiatives including a maggot farm
- Adoption of smart building technologies for efficient equipment management and monitoring – including Mobiledock
- Achievement of carbon neutrality targets through the use of carbon offset programs and initiatives
Mark Parsons, Founder and Managing Director, BC Sands
Mark Parsons is the founder and Managing Director at BC Sands, known for his leadership in the construction industry and commitment to customer satisfaction. With over two decades of experience, he has driven the company’s success and consistently positioned the company at the forefront of industry trends, ensuring its continued success and sustainability.
Do More with Less with Fleet Optimization
- Minimize fuel consumption: Optimized routes, reduced fuel usage and carbon emissions by 18%
- Technology utilization: Use of advanced route planning software and GPS technology
- Factors considered: Traffic, distance, and delivery schedules are taken into account
- Continuous improvement: Ongoing monitoring and analysis for further optimization
Lex Forsyth, CEO, Janus Electric
Lex Forsyth has been entrenched in the ownership and operation of energy supply to large transport / logistics businesses in Australia and the US for 27 years. Lex understands the fundamental costs of running a transport business and was the key driver behind the electrification business model.
Join the Electric Revolution
- Environmental sustainability: Lower carbon emissions
- Cost savings: Reduced fuel expenses and lower maintenance costs
- Energy efficiency: Improved overall efficiency and reduced energy waste
- Quiet and clean operation: Minimal noise pollution and no harmful emissions
- Exchangeable battery system: Quick battery swaps, minimizing vehicle downtime
NSW Committee Member