Foodbank Hamper Packing Day
7 December 2018
10.00 am – 3.00 pm
Eagle Farm Race Track – Function Area
230 Lancaster Road, Ascot
Every year the Supply Chain & Logistics Association of Australia (SCLAA) and the Australian Institute of Packaging (AIP), in collaboration with other industry associations, spend their Christmas Party differently. Rather than holding the standard Christmas Party the AIP Members are invited to be a part of something very special; packing 1000x Family Hampers and 300x Ladies Hampers which are given to Foodbank to help those in need during the holiday season.
Over the last seven years, our industry has packed over 6500 hampers to the value of in excess of $700,000 for people in need, with all of the items either donated, or the funds raised by the Association and the wider industry. We invite you, your staff, colleagues and families to come and help us pack the hampers on the 7th of December. All ages are invited to attend this special event with the oldest volunteer to date being 85 and the youngest 5. Help us make a difference in someone else’s life.
The Foodbank Christmas Hamper Packing Day is designed around people being able to “give” at this time of year to those a little less fortunate than us but also to receive.
Therefore, the format for the day commencing at around 10am at Eagle Farm Race Course and co-sponsored by the Brisbane Racing Club (BRC) includes:
- 10am – Registration
- 10.30 am – Welcome and outline of the day
- 11 am – Commence packing of 1000 food Xmas Hampers and 300 Ladies Hampers
- 12.30 pm: Lunch (provided by the BRC) and includes gourmet sausages, variety of salads and breads. Note the cost of entry entitles you to two alcoholic drinks from the bar (beer, wine or champagne) with a cash bar available as well. Coffee, tea and soft drinks will be available free of charge throughout the day.
- 1.30 pm – Packing resumes
- 3pm – Complete packing and begin clean up. Commence karaoke and Xmas Carol “sing off, draw raffle and network with attendees.
- 4.30pm – Thank-you and conclusion of day
Please note: as part of the day’s activities you may be allocated various roles of “decanting” product, packing food and/or ladies’ hampers, participating in Xmas Carolling as well as encouraged to celebrate Xmas with like-minded people at this special time of the year. A Monster Raffle will also be run to help us to start to collect monies for next year’s hamper pack.