Accelerating to Net Zero Thought Leadership & Networking event
This installment of the SCLAA Thought Leader Series is for anyone interested in learning about accelerating to Net Zero in the Supply Chain & logistics space in a fun and relaxed atmosphere with fellow supply chain professionals.
Date: 4 May 2023
Time: 6.30pm – 9.00pm
Cost: Members – $25 Non Members – $55
Location: Fathers Office Downtown, Basement 121 Flinders Lane, Melbourne
RSVP: By COB on Tuesday, 2nd May 2023
Parking: Just a short stroll from Flinders Street Station. If you are driving, there are multiple car park options in very close proximity on Flinders Lane and Exhibition Street.
ABOUT THIS EVENT
With the goal to accelerate the transition to net zero logistics emissions, the SCLAA is hosting a thought leadership & networking event with an amazing line-up of industry leaders who will share their organisation’s initiatives that are directly reducing emissions and are good for business. Enjoy food, drinks and network with fellow supply chain professionals as we learn more about this very important and growing area of the supply chain sector.
Proudly Sponsored by;
Annie Sim, GoGreen Lead, DHL Supply Chain
Annie has been in the sustainability industry since 2007. She has a bachelor’s degree in Engineering from Curtin University, and Masters in Sustainable Design from University of Nottingham. Prior to joining DHL, Annie has worked with diverse clients and stakeholders across all sectors both locally and overseas towards achieving sustainability targets and outcomes. She is currently the Country GoGreen Lead in DHL Supply Chain Australia.
Emissions Reductions in Logistics Warehousing Facilities
- DHL’s GoGreen goal and roadmap towards net-zero logistics-related emissions by 2050
- Learn about the DHL Warehouse in Sydney that is fitted with Australia’s first dynamic urban solar power station
- Learn about the DHL Warehouse in Australia, designed and built to achieve carbon neutrality
Aidan Mullan – Sustainability Manager, Interface Australia and New Zealand
As Sustainability Manager at Interface Aidan specialises in the commercialisation of the company’s Climate Take Back initiative to run its business in a way that reverses the effects of global warming and to become a carbon negative company by 2040.
A key part of his role is sharing the lessons learned on the way to achieving the Interface’s Mission Zero and Climate Take Back goals. He does this through workshops and delivering lectures and training to stakeholders within the built environment.
- Learn about Ray Anderson, the founder of Interface, a pioneer in the field of sustainable business, and his work at Interface that has inspired countless others to follow in his footsteps.
- Get an insight into the impact that sustainability can have on innovation and growth.
- How Interface works with SC partners to reduce emissions.
Glen Walker – Vice President, Asia Pacific – SEA Electric
Glen Walker is Vice President – Asia Pacific for SEA Electric. In this capacity Glen leads SEA Electric APAC Operations. Derived from practical transport industry experience, Glen takes a keen interest in the commercialization, application, design and performance of SEA Electric technology in the Truck, Van and Bus markets.
- Discover how switching to an electric fleet can save you money and reduce your carbon footprint with a cost-effective and proven 100% electric power system for the commercial vehicle market.
- Learn about options to future-proof your EV fleet purchasing decisions.
- Derived from practical transport industry experience, hear case studies about businesses that are successfully transitioning to EV commercial vehicles.
SCLAA HOST ………………………………………………PANEL MODERATOR
Stephen Lakey, SCLAA Director
David Sanders, MD Bestrane